Friday, March 11, 2011

Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe

My first food post will be a recipe that is beyond delicious. I came up with this recipe after trying a couple of different recipes. This one is just perfection.

 I also took a picture of it from the batch I baked today. :)


Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (mouthful, I know)
1/2 cup low-fat peanut butter
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons Truvia (which is a natural sweetener)
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/4 cup almond milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix all ingredients. I like cookies on the chewier and bigger side, so I make 6 big and thickish cookies out of this batter, but you can make 12 smaller, thinner ones too, if you like.

Bake for 23 minutes. Then let them cool, although I dive into them before they are entirely cool, as they are the yummiest when they are warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment